We believe that excellent training is the outcome of mixing good material with great teaching. This means the course content must be accurate, relevant to the audience and presented so as to engage the audience to understand, care, and remember.
We provide lively, interactive workshop-style training to raise awareness of the importance of data protection both for any organisations and those they provide a service to. we aim to show that a crucial aspect of taking data protection seriously is respecting people’s right to privacy and to embed compliance and risk management into your organisation.
Unfortunately, far too often, in many training programs there is an obsession with making sure that every conceivably relevant point be said. But just because something is said doesn’t mean it is learned. We say:
- Training must be understood (information is worthless unless people understand it).
- Training must be remembered. (If people don’t remember the training, then what’s the point?).
- Training must be followed. (Many incidents aren’t due to people not knowing what they did was careless or wrong; they are due to people just not caring enough about doing the right thing).
- People need to be motivated. Training must make people care. It isn’t effective to just throw a bunch of do’s and don’ts at employees. They need to understand why the rules matter.
- People must be taught that data protection is not about protecting data; it’s about protecting people.
- People should be taught that good information security practices can help them personally too.
We usually conclude our courses with a short informal quiz designed to ensure that those attending have understood what they have been told. For a small additional charge we will supply certificates for attendees. These can be used both as proof that they have completed data protection training and as a ‘reminder’ of the need to put data protection into practice.
DO YOU NEED TRAINING?
The better question is “How Much Training Do You Need?” Too many organisations approach data protection from the wrong angle. They think they have adequate policies, procedures and systems to protect them. But if their employees don’t understand those policies, procedures and systems, the risks are still present.
But don’t take our word for how good our training is! here’s what some of our clients have kindly said:
We usually provide training at your premises, (or at a venue of your choice), on a date and at a time convenient for you. our training is usually customised to your precise requirements, but we also currently offer the following specific courses/seminars:
- INTRODUCTION TO DATA PROTECTION
- PRACTICAL DATA PROTECTION
- DATA PROTECTION FOR TRUSTEES & BOARD MEMBERS
- DATA PROTECTION FOR HR PROFESSIONALS
- DATA PROTECTION FOR FRONTLINE CARE STAFF
- DATA PROTECTION FOR BUSINESS LEADERS
- HOW THE GDPR WILL IMPACT YOUR BUSINESS
“Good data protection training can never be overrated”
FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT ANY OF THESE COURSES CLICK ON THE LINK